The Drylands (Pathfinder)
A race of small, vulpine humanoids who make their home in the Greenward. The true origins are for the most part unknown. Their own history states that the god Gozreh in a fit of whimsy divided itself into it’s male and female avatars for an afternoon of fun. After the fun had been had, the two avatars drowsed and the Vulpi were born of their day dreaming. This forms their basic attitude of free wheeling fun and joy. They hold Gozreh to be the divine ideal and erect natural shrines to both aspects. The duality of Gozreh can be found in every detail of their rites and rituals.
• the Vulpi make their home in the boreal forests of the Greenward and have existed there for a time, keeping themselves separate from the other main races in the world. Their homes are complex burrows with windows and doors built to be hidden among the mossy ground of the forest, with tunnels connecting them to their neighbors. Entire settlements can be hidden among the loamy forest floor with none the wiser.
• From the black “socks” on its cheerfully bouncing legs to its large, perked ears and the whiskers at the end of its muzzle, this creature looks like nothing so much as a small, humanoid fox.
• The vulpi make friends with the local Fey of the Greenward, their two joyous natures being similar, a party with fey and vulpi is bound to be momentous.
• Vulpi have a special hatred of any fey that feed on or encourage dischord among mortals,
causing such a reaction as their fur bristles and they instinctively growl.
Vulpi Starting Stats
• Adulthood: 12 (Intuitive +1d4 yrs, Self-Taught +1d6 yrs, Trained +2d6 yrs)
• Male Height & Weight: 1 ft 7 + 2d4 in, 25 + 2d4 lbs
• Female Height & Weight: 1 ft 5 + 2d4 in, 20 + 2d4 lbs
Standard Racial Traits
• Ability Score Racial Traits: They are quick and companionable but tend to be weak. 1 to AC, Attack Rolls)(-1 to CMB/CMD)(+4 to stealth checks)
• Type: Vulpi are humanoids with the Vulpi subtype
• Base Speed: Vulpi have a base speed of 30ft and a Burrow speed of 20ft
• Languages: Vulpi begin play speaking Vulpi and Aklo. Vulpi with high intelligence scores may also know Sylvan, Entobian, Mogogol
Feat & Skill Racial Traits
• Beguiling Liar: gain a +4 racial bonus on Bluff checks to convince an opponent that what they are saying is true when they tell a lie
• Fast Movement: Vulpi gain a +10 foot bonus to their base speed.
Magical Racial Trait
• Vulpi Magic – Vulpi with a Cha score of 11 or higher gain the following spell-like ability: dancing lights 3/day (the light is only bright enough to make it dim and is a faint green color)
Offense Racial Traits
• Natural Weapons: Vulpi have a bite attack that inflicts 1d4 points of damage
Senses Racial Traits
• Low Light Vision: can see twice as far as a race with normal vision in conditions of dim light.
• Scent: Vulpi have a very keen sense of smell and receive the scent ability
• Light Blindness: Vulpi are made to be better at night or in low light settings. While they can move about in daylight if given enough time to adjust, sudden bright lights can blind them for 1 round and leave them dazzled for subsequent rounds until they find a darker place.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above.
• Weather Savvy: Because of their singular worship of Gozreh, the Vulpi appreciate the beauty
and terror of weather. Because of this attunement with nature, they can spend a full round
action to predict the weather in an area for the next 24 hours. This prediction is always accuratebut can’t account for spells or supernatural effects that might alter the forecast. This trait
replaces Quick Reaction.
Favored Class Options
• Bard: Add a +1/2 bonus on Bluff checks to lie and a +1/2 bonus on Diplomacy checks to gather information.
• Druid: Add a +1/2 bonus on Diplomacy and Intimidate checks to change a creature’s attitude.
• Ranger: Add +1 skill rank to the ranger’s animal companion.
• Elemental Wizard: Select one elemental school power at 1st level that is normally usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + the wizard’s Intelligence modif ier. The wizard adds +1/2 to the number of uses per day of that arcane school power.